Assistant Corporation Counsel
City of Boston Law Department Office of the Legal Advisor to Boston Public Schools
The City of Boston Law Department seeks an attorney with 2 to 5 years of experience to work in the office of the Legal Advisor to the Boston Public Schools. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The City of Boston is an equal employment opportunity employer. Admission to the Massachusetts Bar and residency in the City of Boston are required.
- Juris Doctorate and member of the Massachusetts Bar
- Graduate of an accredited law school and a member in good standing of the Massachusetts Board of Overseers.
- Experience in writing legal briefs, completing legal research, and engaging in settlement negotiations.
- Experience with personal injury claims, the insurance industry, and/or government representation preferred
- Ability to handle a large caseload independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Ability to supervise staff and oversee a file-management system
- BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Please send a resume, writing sample, and references by email to:
Office of the Corporation Counsel
City of Boston Law Department
1 City Hall Plaza – Room 615
Boston, Massachusetts 02201
Attn: Dianne Lloyd-Jones