Hackett Feinberg P.C.
Hackett Feinberg P.C. is seeking an experienced attorney to join our busy affordable housing finance and development practice. This attorney should preferably have experience (5-7 years) in affordable housing and community development. We welcome applicants from both the public and the private sector for this position. This attorney would be responsible for closing transactions on behalf of lenders, governmental agencies, and developer/borrower parties.
Hackett Feinberg’s priority is to attract, retain and promote talented individuals who have an array of racial, ethnic, social, economic, religious, professional, personal, and other backgrounds. Therefore, we encourage talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
The position includes the following skills, knowledge and qualities, among others:
- Understanding of and experience with affordable housing and community development financing, including bank financing, subsidy loans and tax credits
- Review loan approval documentation and prepare acquisition, construction and permanent loan documents; negotiate loan documents on behalf of Borrower or Lender, as applicable
- Negotiate and draft subordination and intercreditor agreements with multiple parties
- Determine necessary diligence required, draft as needed, and review results of searches
- Prepare and/or review title-related documentation such as easements, and negotiate title insurance policies for real estate collateral
- Prepare and/or review and negotiate zoning and land use opinions related to real estate collateral
- Prepare and negotiate participation and syndication agreements with other lenders
- Prepare and/or review purchase and sale agreements, organizational and other authority documents related to transaction
- Exhibit the following personal qualities: high-energy with an ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously; enthusiasm and responsiveness, with a commitment to a team- based working environment; meticulous attention to details and strong organizational skills; willingness to take on new tasks (over time) of increasing scope and sophistication relating to the Firm’s commercial/corporate lending and real estate areas; and excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Be available (depending upon Covid 19 restrictions/concerns) to work in Boston, Massachusetts
- Experience (at a law firm, government agency or financial institution) in affordable housing development and financing, commercial real estate finance transactions, and non-profit organization advising.
- Admission to the Massachusetts state bar
- Willingness to participate in client development efforts and desire to become a business originator
For more information or to submit your resume, email Chris Holmes at email@example.com